Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First of All...

...I would like to thank my Kindergarten teacher for showing me how the alphabet works on paper. I understood the musical applications, but didn't realize their full potential until then. My mom is so important - to my creation and subsequent birth. My wife guides my life with love, affection, and an iron fist the size of Godzilla. Without that tough love in my life, I imagine that marriage wouldn't be as enjoyable...

My attempts at humor are just that - attempts. this blog is for me to write less formally (grant applications) and more informally. Just normal, everyday words that are not 'community engagement' or 'systemic transformation', though now I am dealing with 'synoptic relativism' and 'publicness'. Publicness: the gift that keeps on giving.

Moore Quality was the name of my column for my high school newspaper. I thought I was tough stuff writing editorials about the school principal and weighted gpa's. I remember a stream of consciousness that would flow from my writing then, a direct line from mind to pen that felt spiritual and righteous. Like Tootles in Hook, I seemed to have lost my marbles and I want to get back to the NeverNever of creative composition. This blog hopefully will give me a creative outlet to reclaim some lost momentum and get back to putting thoughts to proverbial paper.

Sooo, here it is. My thoughts on my time here in Little Rock at the Clinton School. Feel free to share feedback, thoughts, criticism, ideas, or whatever you like to say. I want to hear it! Now,where are those marbles?...

Enjoy...

-T

No comments: