Sunday, September 14, 2008

Blogging ain't easy

Okay, so I've realized that there is no way for me to actually write the things I want to in real time. Grad school, family, and assorted publicness happens. Frankly, I am not trying to be P. Diddy's assistant- I can't handle all of it!

Millard Fuller, the founder of Habitat for Humanity, spoke at the Clinton School last week. His secret to success (I'm paraphrasing of course) is that you have to 'get up earlier and go to bed later' to accomplish those things you want in life. If that is what it takes to make a successful, legible blog, then forget it! I am not up to it.

Here's my solution: I will submit thoughts when I have time. There it is! Despite your desire to read what I have to write daily, deal with it. Life is hard enough without having to worry about this deal. Forget about it. I have jotted down notes when things pop up, the challenge is getting them on here in a timely fashion,which is not happening. I have a lot to share, just in turtle speed.

Have a pleasant day! (my wife tells me to end with something nice)

-T

2 comments:

Taylor said...

Welcome to the world of bloggers. I've given up trying to be profound myself and, like you, use my blogs as a stream of consciousness. I'm glad you're doing this, Todd. It will be good to be able to keep up with you. BTW, you might check out Twitter. You're limited to 140 characters and can broadcast easily from your cell phone. I'm loving micrblogging and even find that the limitations are quite freeing and lead to occasional bursts of creative, pithy phrases!

Hugs from Texas,
Taylor

marta said...

You know you should always listen to your wife!
Great Bogging ,Todd!
Marta